Thursday 15 September 2016

Lincolnshire backwater in 1985

GAINSBOROUGH LEA ROAD






(All pics 19.6.1985 copyright Steve Sainsbury/Rail Thing)



Back in 1985 I was driving a lorry around the country, a very cheap way to visit lots of places and take lots of photos!

A part of the country I really don't know very well is Lincolnshire. Southern and Western Region, and Switzerland I know like the back of my hand, most if not all of the railways, same with the stations.

So I turned up at this strange little place, I knew it was one of two stations in Gainsborough, and I vaguely knew (this was pre-Internet of course!) that it didn't see many passenger trains. But I was lucky enough to snap a class 56 on a freight in the twenty minutes or so I was there.

The line and station are still there of course - hopefully they get a few more passenger trains these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment